PRINCIPLE 11: ELIMINATE OR REDUCE DAIRY PRODUCTS
Recent studies have shown that dairy has a significant correlation with osteoporosis, kidney problems and even certain forms of cancer. In one of the most prominent and comprehensive nutritional studies to date, The China Study, lead researcher Dr. T. Colin Campbell and his team found that cancer was consistently promoted by casein, which makes up 87% of cow’s milk protein. Additionally, women who eat diets rich in animal foods excrete more calcium in their urine, providing a negative calcium balance. This is why it is advised to:
- Eliminate or dramatically reduce your consumption of dairy products
- Ensure that your daily calcium intake is about 400 milligrams per day and comes from plant-based sources that are calcium rich
- Try other alternatives (in moderation) such as rice milk, soy milk or almond milk when you desire the texture or taste
As you would with any strategy to eliminate or reduce food consumption, you must be mindful of how dairy lurks in a variety of foods. While you’re shopping for groceries, study the labels for phrases like caseinate or lactate solids, which indicate the presence of dairy in a product. Be aware that certain types of dairy products can also be found in less obvious items like powdered guacamole mix.
PRINCIPLE 12: ELIMINATE OR REDUCE ACID ADDITIONS
A diet that promotes over-acidification of the blood and tissues creates a terrain that is conducive to the growth of virus, bacteria, yeast and fungus – the great decomposers of cells and tissues in the human body.
To reduce and eliminate acid you need a diet consisting of live alkaline foods: dark green and yellow vegetables, soybeans, sprouted nuts, seeds, grains and essential fatty acids. This diet lowers the over-acidification of the blood and tissues with its abundance of bases and alkaline salts.
TRY THE FOLLOWING:
1. Eliminate or dramatically reduce your consumption of acid addiction.
2. Use your common sense. Say no to the following addictions: caffeine, sugar, whites, vinegar, alcohol, nicotine and drugs. Learn about the consequences and break your pattern.
3. Alkalize! When you are consuming at least 70-80% alkaline, life-giving foods, your body will naturally decrease its desire for these addictions. Don’t return to your old food choices when you start to feel the cravings go away.