PRINCIPLE SEVEN: STRUCTURAL ALIGNMENT AND MAXIMUM STRENGTH
START FOCUSING ON THE FOLLOWING:
1. Move! Avoid living in a box: Take the stairs, stay active and move as many muscles in your body as you can daily! Remember, a healthy mind and body are connected.
2. Implement an effective regimen of stretches and exercises that are balanced through bilateral symmetry and working opposing muscle groups. (Get an evaluation and personalized program from Pete Egoscue)
PRINCIPLE EIGHT: A DIRECTED MIND AND HEART
For thousands of years, alternative forms of medicine have focused on a natural, internal ability of the body to raise its resistance, fight disease and create health. One of the most potent biological mechanisms that promotes this type of health and healing is found directly in the mind. If utilized and directed effectively, our thoughts, emotions and mindset can be one of the most potent allies toward mitigating disease and manifesting energy and vitality.
FOR A HEALTHY MIND AND BODY, MAKE A CONCERTED EFFORT TO PRACTICE THESE PRINCIPLES:
1. Stand guard at the door of your mind: Condition empowering emotions such as gratitude, courage, faith, determination, compassion and love. Break your pattern and avoid emotions that create stress.
2. Utilize the healing power of the heart: Three times a day, stop what you are doing and shift your focus (mind, breath, emotion) to the area around your heart.
3. Flood yourself with positive memories and future visions 10 minutes a day